Eclipse users have been at a disadvantage for Apache Wicket development when compared to Netbeans or IntelliJ IDEA users. For those IDEs some nice integration plugins exist for web development using Wicket.
I just discovered QWickie, a plugin for Eclipse, which has the following features:
- Navigate from java code elements to the corresponding html element via wicket:id
- Show the corresponding html fragment from the java code element
- Show the wicket:id line in the html file on mouse over
- Rename HTML when renaming a wicketized java file (supertype Component)
- Find html files in other locations
- Jump to properties files
- Jump to xml files
- Support for other wicket namespaces
- Wizard for new wicket pages
- Code assist for wicket:id (Ctrl-1) in Wicket Java files. e.g. new Label(“<press Ctrl-1>”)
Be aware that this plugin is still 0.0.4, so use at your own risk!